I am not a sales kinda gal. This is mainly because I learned through trial and error that I was mostly buying things I didn’t need during the sales periods. Nowadays, if I really want something specific, I budget and save for it, instead of waiting for the sale. If the two periods, aka having enough saved and sales, coincide, that’s great. If not I might wait for a sale. But I almost never go on an impulse sale trip to the city just for fun, like I used to. Instead, I apply these rules:
- Look at your wardrobe and write down what you need aka make a list.
- Decide on your budget and stick to it. This is the easiest if you only carry cash. Remember to keep it somewhere safe to avoid pickpockets especially if you’re going to a big city.
- Splurge on classics-save on the trend items.
- Make sure to visit the cruelty free, eco friendly shops and shops of small business owners. Not only good for the economy and environment. It’s always nicer to chat up with the business owner and ask about why they started their business in the first place. Everybody loves to hear a good story and now is your chance!
- Make sure to have a rest budget for small crazy splurges on things you don’t really need, like ear cuffs or a make up palette in neon colors – just in case you want to go embrace the eighties this summer, you never know. This rest budget also includes money for food and drinks aka fun fun fun! with your sales crazy girlfriends !
- To end on that note: Have fun !